JOB VACANCY - LEAD ACADEMY ASSISTANT FIRST TEAM PHYSIO
An exciting opportunity have arisen to join Newcastle Thunder as a full-time Assistant first team/Academy lead physiotherapist.
The roles include the delivery of elite clinical management of the first team & academy squad. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that high standards of medical services are consistently delivered.
The role will be based at Kingston Park Stadium in Newcastle Upon-Tyne, and will include unsociable and weekend hours associated with training and match days.
KEY CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work alongside the medical team to assess and provide a clinical diagnosis for the injured players in the first team & Academy squad
· Plan and implement a timely return to play plan for injured players based upon recent evidence and agreed objective markers set by the medical team.
· Adopt a proactive approach to player welfare including reducing injury risk, considering risk factors based on players’ injury history and physical markers.
· Work alongside a multi-disciplinary team including team doctors, physiotherapists, sports psychologist, coaches and strength & conditioning staff.
· Deliver pre-game and pitch-side medical cover for the first team & Academy squad on match days.
· Contribute to staff in-service training programme.
· Bsc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy. · Experience working in elite sport · HPC and CSP registered. · Full UK driving license. · Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
· Very good verbal and written communication skills.
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS · IMMOFP qualification. · Currently working within a full-time sporting environment. · Previous experience working in elite rugby.
HOW TO APPLY Please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4, stating relevant experience, to Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org